1 cup dry chick peas
1 garlic clove
1/2 tbsp baking powder
6 tbsp tahini
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
Sprig of fresh mint or parsley
* Soak the chick peas overnight.
* Strain, wash and cover with water, add the baking powder and put the pan on a high temperature. When it starts to boil, reduce temperature and leave to simmer until soft. If the water evaporates during the process, add hot water.
* Once ready, drain the chick peas, put in the food processor, add tahini, salt, crushed garlic and water. Mix the ingredients until very smooth.
* Add the lemon juice and mix for another few minutes.
* Serve the Houmous in a small bowl and garnish with olive oil and fresh mint.
If you are using chickpeas from a can, wash well, add fresh water and put it on a high temperature for 10 minutes. Drain and follow the above instructions.